Comal Part-Time Operations Coordinator
Title: Comal Part-Time Operations Coordinator
Reports to: Senior Manager of Social Enterprise
About Focus Points Family Resource Center: Since 1995, Focus Points has worked successfully to transform the lives of low-income and working families in Northeast Denver and beyond. Focus Points serves over 1,500 participants each year – most of whom are Spanish speaking immigrants, other Latino families and refugees. Focus Points is committed to:
• School readiness programs to open doors for future success;
• Family literacy and adult self-reliance programs to facilitate independence;
• Healthy living and health access programs to promote active, vibrant living;
• Parent engagement and community leadership to foster empowerment, and
• Economic and workforce training and development to support financial independence and community stability.
Postition Summary: Focus Points Family Resource Center is seeking a bilingual part-time Operations Coordinator to join our team and make an impact for our organization. This position is responsible for the administrative support of day-to-day operations of Comal Heritage Food Incubator and works closely with the Executive Chef and team. This position carries out responsibilities in the following functional areas: Coordinating program and curriculum support, operational support for Front-of-House Lead including point of sale coordination, filing receipts for accounting, coordinating repairs and maintenance to the property, providing updates on revenue and expenses, and other operational needs as they arise.
Time Frame: Interviewing immediately; Start date September 2020
Hours: This is a part-time, hourly position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for participant stipends. Review, correct, and submit participant learning and training hours to Dir. of Finance
- Coordinate information sessions for new participants
- Assisting in developing and coordinating the onboarding process for new participants
- Assist in front and back of house as needed for daily operations
- Work with front-of-house lead on understanding customer needs and point of sale functions
- Prepare financial reports for Executive Chef as needed
- Prepare product mix reports for Executive Chef and Sous Chef as needed
- Assist in executing new ideas and opportunities for participants, program, and business
- Assist in developing restaurant policies and procedures handbook for Comal
- Be available to answer participant and staff questions concerning operations
- Help train participants in day-to-day operations as well as longer-term training for programmatic success
- Assist with special events & farmer’s market weekly
- Attend Comal, Social Enterprise, and Focus Points staff meetings
- Promote a healthy and safe environment for all to work and learn
- Commitment to the mission of Focus Points
- Associate degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; 2-5 years related hospitality experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of hospitality education and hospitality experience.
- Assistant General Manager or Floor Manager experience is helpful, especially in fast casual environments
- Working knowledge of TOAST pos system or similar with interest to learn
- Working knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite with proficiency with Excel and Word;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to manage sensitive and confidential situations with tact, professionalism, and diplomacy
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Demonstrated commitment to communities of color, Latinx, Immigrant, Refugee and Asylum-seeking populations
- Commitment to participate in anti-racist work
- Fully bilingual in English and Spanish is required, and must demonstrate the ability to understand, speak, read and write Spanish at expert level. Native speaker a plus.
Compensation/Benefits: This is a part-time hourly position. 25-30 hours per week. $25/hour
CONTACT: Send cover letter, resume, writing sample and three professional references to Matthew Vernon firstname.lastname@example.org by September 11, 2020. Interviews will be scheduled starting September, 2nd, 2020.
Focus Points Resource Center is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits unlawful discrimination on the basis of age, race, sex, color, religion, national origin, disability, military status, genetic information, ancestry, creed, gender identity or expression, and sexual orientation, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.