Comal Heritage Food Incubator Program Manager
To build better communities by strengthening families is the mission of Focus Points Family Resources Center. For 27 years, Focus Points has worked successfully to transform the lives of low-income and working families in Northeast Denver and beyond. Focus Points serves over 2,900 participants each year, most of whom are Spanish-speaking immigrants. Focus Points is strongly committed to our values around collaboration, equity, and integrity which add to our four pillars (Family Support, Community Resources, Education, and Economic Inclusion)
In a Nutshell:
The Comal Program Manager will work in depth with Focus Points participants, who come from immigrant, refugee, low-income, and other diverse backgrounds. The candidate selected for this position will be expected to receive additional training and professional development in areas related to working with families, compassion fatigue, team supervision, flexibility with changing circumstances, and diversity, equity, and inclusion. The position is also responsible for program and restaurant operations, including budget management and ensuring grant deliverables.
What You Get to Do:
- Serve as a representative of the Comal program and Focus Points within the community, building relationships of support and mutual respect with Comal families, partner organizations, and other program participants.
- Understand and partner with the network of internal Focus Points departments and external partner organizations to coordinate resources and referrals for program families.
- Guide Comal participants with program implementation, including onboarding, education, scheduling, resource connections, and goal tracking.
- Oversee Comal staff in Comal participants with program implementation, including education, scheduling, resource connections, and goal tracking
- Promote a physically, mentally, and emotionally healthy and safe environment for all to work and learn.
- Assist in the front of house and back of house, as needed for daily operations.
- Work with and train front-of-house staff on understanding customer needs and point of sale functions.
- Assist in the creation of Comal annual program budget.
- Prepare financial reports for Director of Program Impact, using TOAST POS data and other historical data
- Follow program logic model to deliver participant outcomes developed for funder and program requirements in collaboration with Director of Program Impact
- Manage the development and updating of the Comal Operating Manual
- Support Front of House in the planning and implementation of comprehensive inventory systems and oversight procedures.
- Support Front of House and Back of House in delegation and support kitchen labor roles for program staff and participants.
- Supervise, mentor, and support participants, staff, and volunteers in the recruitment, implementation, and caseload maintenance of the program.
- Help train participants in day-to-day operations as well as longer-term training for program outcomes.
- Support the development of programming and conduct educational programming.
- Ensure accuracy of data collection.
- Coordinate Comal events, space rentals and PR logistics in collaboration with Comal staff and PR Contractor.
Hospitality Knowledge, Management, Training & Instructing, Written and Oral Communication, Record Keeping and Monitoring, Critical Thinking and Reasoning, Category Flexibility, Technology and Bilingual & Biliterate in Spanish Language.
Management of Financial Resources and Reflective Supervision.
- ServSafe Manager Food Certification, valid until at least 12/31/2023
- TIPS alcohol Certification, valid until at least 12/31/2023
- Valid Driver’s license– must be comfortable driving a cargo van and have a clean driving record
- Reliable transportation and mobile phone service
- Ability to bend, climb, and kneel regularly in a commercial kitchen setting
- Ability to lift and carry 50 pounds
- Must be available to work 8a-5p Weekdays with flexibility for occasional weekends
Personal or professional commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion as demonstrated by persistent effort, active planning, allocation of resources and/or accountability for diversity and inclusion outcomes. Applicant must share a commitment to anti-racist work.
What’s In It for You:
Benefits offered for all Full-time Staff Members
- Dual options available under our Kaiser medical plan and 50% coverage for dependents!
- Dental, Vision & Pharmacy Benefits
- Flexible Spending Account
- Dependent Care Account
- Simple IRA Plan with 3% Employer Match (age 21 & older)
- Basic Life, AD&D Life Insurance coverage paid by Employer
- Short-term & Long-term Disability
- Supplemental Accident Protection Coverage
- EAP (Employer Assistance Program)
Focus Points’ Perks & Rewards
- Generous time off including, paid personal leave & sick leave, paid holidays & vacation, paid breaks throughout the year (Summer, Fall, Winter), and the company follows DPS for closures/delays due to inclement weather.
- Wellness programs through Kaiser Permanente
- DEI initiatives
- A positive workplace culture with fun work events
- Engaging community partnerships
- Casual Work Attire
- Hybrid/Remote schedule
To apply, send cover letter and resume with email subject, “Comal Program Manager” to Tonia at firstname.lastname@example.org.
NOTE: This job profile is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job and it’s not a job description.
Focus Points Resource Center is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits unlawful discrimination on the basis of age, race, sex, color, religion, national origin, disability, military status, genetic information, ancestry, creed, gender identity or expression, and sexual orientation, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.