Communications and Marketing Specialist
Title: Communications and Marketing Specialist
Reports to: Executive Director
Status: Part-Time, contract
Position Summary: Focus Points Family Resource Center is seeking a bilingual part-time Commnications and Marketing Specialist who will produce and guide strategy of all external communications including website, newsletter, blog, social media, collateral to consistently articulate Focus Points’ mission and enlist support for the organization’s work.
About Focus Points Family Resource Center: Since 1995, Focus Points has worked successfully to transform the lives of low-income and working families in Northeast Denver and beyond. Focus Points serves over 1,500 participants each year – most of whom are Spanish speaking immigrants, other Latino families and refugees. Focus Points is committed to:
• School readiness programs to open doors for future success;
• Family literacy and adult self-reliance programs to facilitate independence;
• Healthy living and health access programs to promote active, vibrant living;Devek
• Parent engagement and community leadership to foster empowerment, and
• Economic and workforce training and development to support financial independence and community stability.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop, implement and evaluate the annual communications plan
- Drives branding and messaging development as the organization’s work changes and evolves
- Write content across communication channels inlcuding organzation blog, newsletters, impact reports, appeals, social media and e-communications
- Maintain the development, distribution and maintenence of all print and electronic collatoral, including but not limited to annual report, event collateral, donor stewardship communications, and outreach materials in coordination with graphic design and printing vendors
- Maintain and manage online communities (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn and YouTube) to increase engagement among the community, stakeholders, and funders
- Build catalog of communication assets including stories, photos and videos of Focus Points’ work with participants and the community in coordination with photographers and videographers
- Assist with communications and marketing efforts in support of all fundraising campaigns
- Steer event promotion and create event materials
- Attend staff and other relevant meetings and participate in any key events as needed
- Other duties as needed
- Reports to the Executive Director
- Bachelor’s degree and 2+ years of experience developing and implementing communications strategies, preferably in a nonprofit environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to to communicate clearly and professionally with co-workers, donors, organization leaders and the commnity at large
- Must be extremely detail-oriented, organized with excellent organzatonal and project management skills
- Excellent writing/editing and verbal communications skills
- Relates well to diverse cultures and people including staff, board members, volunteers, donors, participants, vendors and other stakeholders
- High degree of personal motivation, self-direction and detail orientation
- Ability to work at a high level of effort with minimal supervision
- Ability to effectively communicate and disseminate information/tasks
- Effective problem-solving skills
- Creative and analytical thinker with ability to proactively develop new ideas
- Extremely well-organized, ability to multi-task and prioritize while working under multiple deadlines
- Working knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite with proficiency in Excel and Word, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube, website management, and email software platforms like Constant Contact
- 1-2 years experience with Adobe Creative Cloud Suite to create and edit print marketing collateral
- 1-2 years experience with the WordPress platform and the Elementor plug-in to edit websites
- Ablity to perform tasks in an open office environment
- Ability to work within a typical work-week schedule with a flexible schedule for some evening and weekend events. Use of personal vehicle may be required
- Demonstrated commitment to the mission of Focus Points, passion for marginalized communities of color, Latinx, Immigrant, Refugee and Asylum-seeking populations
- Commitment to participate in anti-racist work
- Fully bilingual in English and Spanish is required, and must demonstrate the ability to understand, speak, read and write Spanish at expert level. Native speaker a plus.
Compensation/Benefits: This is a part-time, contract position. 10-20 hours per week.
CONTACT: Send cover letter, resume, writing sample and three professional references to Jules Kelty, Executive Director, email@example.com by September 30, 2020.
Focus Points Resource Center is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits unlawful discrimination on the basis of age, race, sex, color, religion, national origin, disability, military status, genetic information, ancestry, creed, gender identity or expression, and sexual orientation, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.