Communications and Marketing Specialist
Title: Communications and Marketing Specialist
Reports to: Director of Development
Status: Part-Time, 20 hours a week.
About Focus Points Family Resource Center: Since 1995, Focus Points has worked successfully to transform the lives of low-income and working families in Northeast Denver and beyond. Focus Points serves over 2,000 participants each year – most of whom are Spanish speaking immigrants, other Latino families and refugees. Focus Points is committed to:
• School readiness programs to open doors for future success;
• Family literacy and adult self-reliance programs to facilitate independence;
• Healthy living and health access programs to promote active, vibrant living;
• Parent engagement and community leadership to foster empowerment, and
• Economic and workforce training and development to support financial independence and community stability
This is a Part-Time , hourly position.
Time Frame: Interviewing immediately; Start date April 2020
Hours: Part-Time, 20 hours a week. Focus Points Family Resource Center is seeking a part-time Communications and Marketing Specialist who will produce and guide strategy of all external communications including website, newsletter, blog, social media and collateral to consistently articulate Focus Points’ mission and enlist support for the organization’s work.
- Bachelor’s degree and 2+ years of experience developing and implementing communications strategies, preferably in a nonprofit environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and ability to communicate clearly and professionally with co-workers, donors, organization leaders and the community at large.
- Must be extremely detail-oriented, organized with excellent organizational and project management skills • Excellent writing/editing and verbal communications skills
- Relates well to diverse cultures people including staff, board members, volunteers, donors, participants, vendors and other stakeholders
- High degree of personal motivation, self-direction and detail-orientation
- Ability to work with minimal supervision at high level of effort
- Ability to effectively communicate and disseminate information/tasks
- Effective problem-solving skills
- Team oriented
- Creative and analytical thinker with ability to proactively develop new ideas
- Extremely well-organized, ability to multi-task and prioritize while working under multiple deadlines
- Working knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite with proficiency with Excel and Word; Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Website management, Email software platforms, such as Constant Contact
- 1-2 years of experience with Adobe Creative Cloud Suite to create and edit print marketing collateral
- 1-2 years of experience with WordPress and the Elementor plug-in to edit websites
- Ability to perform tasks in an open office environment
- Ability to work within a typical work-week schedule with flexible hours for some evening and weekend events. Use of personal vehicle may be required.
- Commitment to the mission of Focus Points; Passion for diversity, equity and inclusion; Passion for marginalized communities of color, Latinx, Immigrant, Refugee and Asylum populations
- Fully bilingual in Spanish required: understand, speak, read and write at expert level. Native speaker a plus.
- Develop, implement and evaluate the annual communications plan
- Drives branding and messaging development as the organization’s work changes and evolves
- Write content across communication channels, including organization blog, newsletters, impact reports, appeals, social media and e-communications
- Manage the development, distribution and maintenance of all print and electronic collateral including, but not limited to, annual report, event collateral, donor stewardship communications, outreach materials; in coordination with graphic design and printing vendors
- Maintain and manage website and online communities (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, YouTube) to increase engagement among the community, stakeholders, and funders.
- Build catalog of communication assets including stories, photos and videos of Focus Points’ work with participants and the community, in coordination with photographers and videographers
- Assist with communications and marketing efforts in support of all fundraising campaigns
- Steer event promotion and create event materials
- Attend staff and other relevant meetings and participate in key events as needed
- Other duties as needed
- Reports to director of development
- This is a part-time, hourly position requiring 20 hours per week.
Send cover letter, resume, writing sample and three professional or academic references to Jhon F. Londoño, Director of Development at email@example.com by March 20, 2020.
Focus Points Resource Center is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits unlawful discrimination on the basis of age, race, sex, color, religion, national origin, disability, military status, genetic information, ancestry, creed, gender identity or expression, and sexual orientation, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.