Director of Social Enterprise
Title: Director of Social Enterprise
Reports to: Executive Director
Status: Full-Time Exempt, salary is $70,000 annually with benefits (see below).
Mission of Focus Points Family Resource Center: To build better communities by strengthening families.
Scope of Organization: For nearly 25 years, Focus Points has worked successfully to transform the lives of low-income and working families in Northeast Denver and beyond. Focus Points serves over 2,000 participants each year, most of whom are Spanish-speaking immigrants. Focus Points is committed to:
- School readiness programs to open doors to future success;
- Family literacy and adult self-reliance programs to facilitate independence;
- Healthy living and health access programs to promote active, vibrant living;
- Parent engagement and community leadership to foster empowerment; and
- Economic and workforce training and development to support financial independence and community stability.
Position Summary: The Director of Social Enterprise is a key leadership position at Focus Points Family Resource Center. This position will report directly to the Executive Director and is part of a team of other department directors. The right candidate will need to have a blended skill set with the ability to incorporate higher level organizational needs, while also focusing on programmatic details. This position will oversee the following social enterprises: Comal Heritage Food Incubator and Huerta. This position manages two direct reports and this position must be able to coach and support employees in their positions. This director role will have an impact on our organization and community.
Responsibilities & Activities
The Director of Social Enterprise is a key leadership position at Focus Points Family Resource Center. This position will report directly to the Executive Director and is part of a team of other department directors. The right candidate will need to have a blended skill set with the ability to incorporate higher level organizational needs, while also focusing on programmatic details. This position will oversee the following social enterprises: Comal Heritage Food Incubator and Huerta. This position manages two direct reports and this position must be able to coach and support employees in their positions. This director role will have an impact on our organization and community.
- Provides oversight of the Social Enterprise (SE) team, execution of all SE programs and ensures fidelity
- Creates and implements vision for Social Enterprise programs.
- Creates and manages strategic plan goals and results for Social Enterprise programs.
- Implement logic model for both programs. Utilize data and research to inform and strengthen programs
- Budget and financial management of Social Enterprise department
- Plan and facilitate team meetings
- Create and maintain relationships other service providers and partner agencies. Negotiates and reviews contracts or MOUs, when needed
- Contributes to grants and funding relationships
- Ensure all outcomes, deliverables and statements of work for specific grants within social enterprise programs are being addressed and completed
- Provides coaching, support, and conflict resolution assistance to direct reports and program personnel to ensure high job performance, growth and professional development opportunities. Ensures all positions within department follow job guidelines
- Creates a culture of growth mindset and support to help staff and participants achieve full potential
- Member of leadership team and collaborates with other directors. Works other departments to interweave social enterprise programs into organization
- Maintains a professional attitude and adheres to a high level of confidentiality towards Focus Points staff and participants
- Demonstrated commitment to communities of color, Latinx, Immigrant, Refugee and Asylum-seeking populations
- Commitment to participate in anti-racist work
- Other duties as assigned
- Written Communication – the ability to execute writing assignments across varying platforms in order to disperse mission-driven and uniform communication to all Focus Points stakeholders and community members
- Bilingual Communication – the ability to understand, speak, read and write Spanish at an expert level to bilingually implement all marketing communications
- Relationship Building & Interpersonal Skills – collaborate with staff and participants to communicate program successes to stakeholders. Build relationships with all stakeholders including staff, board members, volunteers, donors, participants, and vendors to create a sense of community further representing Focus Points’ mission.
- Management- Continuous Improvement, Change Management, Service Mindset, Enterprise Leadership and strong business and financial acumen. Exhibits Growth mindset – networking, sharing, empowering, experimentation, and learning. Leadership values of transparency, trust, passion, teamwork, versatility, integrity, accountability, respect, innovation, and action.
- Attention to Detail – demonstrate excellent project management and organization skills with the ability to prioritize multiple deadlines and timelines for deliverables.
- Resourcefulness & Initiative –approach projects and tasks with a self-starter mindset, ability to self-manage and utilize available resources while seeking guidance when necessary.
- Creative Mindset – proactively develop new ideas while soliciting appropriate staff and patron feedback in order to create new programming as community needs evolve.
- Bilingual proficiency in English and Spanish
- Business experience and acumen
- Administrative/management experience in a nonprofit
- Experience running, developing, and managing programs and services
- Ability to lead, supervise, and evaluate personnel
- Skills in using Windows and online computer programs and databases
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills
- Commitment to a family development model emphasizing assets in each person and family
- Ability to develop collaborative relationships and partnerships
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Knowledge about community resources, a plus
- Attention to detail and balancing numerous tasks. Good organizational skills
- Able to maintain high levels of confidentiality, credibility and professionalism
- Demonstrated experience being able to remain motivated while working independently or collaboratively
- Ability to adapt to changing circumstances and deal with challenges
- Must be able to work some weekends and evenings and have reliable transportation
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field or commensurate experience. Masters degree preferred
- Experience with working with diverse communities; particularly beneficial to have experience with low-income and immigrant populations.
- Remote interview process
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
Compensation/Benefits: The salary for this role is $70,000 annually. Focus Points offers Kaiser, Delta & Vision Insurance, LT, ST and life insurance, IRA retirement plan, Vacation/Sick time/Personal Time
All applications due by Jan 20th. Send cover letter, resume, and three references to email@example.com. For specific questions, please contact Maximo Gaytan firstname.lastname@example.org. 2501 E. 48th Ave., Denver, CO 80216; Phone: 303-292-0770 / Fax: 303-293-9386;
Focus Points Resource Center is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits unlawful discrimination on the basis of age, race, sex, color, religion, national origin, disability, military status, genetic information, ancestry, creed, gender identity or expression, and sexual orientation, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.