Focus Points Family Resource Center is seeking a full-time Database Specialist to join our team. This position is responsible for maintaining centralized data management across Focus Points systems, which includes, but is not exclusive to, coordinating and overseeing data entry on program participation, streamlining data collection processes, developing protocols on data entry and data sharing, analyzing data for multiple uses, and executing data requests that support fundraising & development efforts including donor data and grant requirements.
About Focus Points
Since 1995, Focus Points has worked successfully to support low-income and working families in Northeast Denver and beyond. Focus Points serves over 2,500 individuals each year – most of whom are Spanish-speaking immigrants, other Latinx families and refugees. Focus Points is committed to:
- School readiness programs to open doors for future success;
- Family literacy and adult programs to achieve personal and family sustainability;
- Healthy living and health access programs to promote active, vibrant living,
- Parent engagement and community leadership to foster empowerment; and
- Economic and workforce training and development to support financial independence and community stability.
Responsibilities & Activities
Data Collection, Management, and Analysis
- Outline the needed processes and materials to collect and manage unique data on family participation into the Family Resource Center Association (FRCA) Salesforce database (FRCAforce).
- Support Focus Points program staff in managing participant data in FRCAforce
- Manage donor data in Focus Points donor management system, Blackbaud Raiser’s Edge, including database facilitated donor communications, report management, and donor stewardship tracking.
- Maintain an ongoing data tracking system that highlights action items, reporting needs, and major deadlines for all applicable departments.
- Provide data reports and communicate relevant data information to and for necessary Focus Points staff, including the Management team, Executive team, and Board of Directors on a consistent basis.
- Utilize database reports to analyze demographic, service, and assessment data for a variety of stakeholders and uses, including grant proposals, grant reports, internal program management, and strategic plan metrics.
- Attend trainings to stay current on frequent developments to the FRCAforce database and reporting requirements and Raiser’s Edge, relaying information to the necessary internal staff.
- Attend staff and other relevant meetings and participate in key events as needed.
- Other duties as assigned, including potential database assistance for other programs as capacity allows
Technology and Database Proficiency – the ability to successfully manage database functions and an understanding of how to effectively utilize database features to collect and manage relevant information, translating that data to meet organizational needs. Knowledge of Salesforce and Raiser’s Edge a plus but training will be provided in both systems.
Information Gathering – ability to analyze and compile technical and statistical information in multiple systems to prepare reports and to share information with Focus Points staff and other stakeholders.
Resource Management – manage allocation and utilization of resources while effectively engaging staff to acquire additional needed information.
Attention to Detail – demonstrate excellent project management and organization skills with the ability to prioritize multiple deadlines and timelines for deliverables.
Time Management – ability to allocate resources to accomplish tasks and meet deadlines by prioritizing responsibilities while working across multiple systems for multiple departments.
Nonprofit Knowledge – previous experience working in a nonprofit environment to develop an understanding of nonprofit process and management.
Bilingual Communication – the ability to understand, speak, read and write Spanish.
The salary for this role is $40,000 annually. Focus Points offers employer paid 90% health care coverage with 50% coverage for dependents, dental, life, STD/LTD insurance, vacation, holiday and sick time, and a 403(b) retirement plan with 3% employer contribution.
Send cover letter, resume, and three professional references to Cheri Gonzales, Development Manager at email@example.com with the subject line “Database Specialist Position.” Applications will be accepted through June 23, 2021 and the position will start mid-July.