Development & Grants Manager
Title: Development and Grants Manager
Reports to: Director of Development and Communications
Status: Full-Time/Non-exempt salaried
Salary: $50,000 – $55,000 annually
Remote Work: This position may be eligible for hybrid remote/in-office work schedule
Benefits: Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, Short Term and Long-Term Disability coverage, Term Life Insurance, IRA retirement plan, Vacation, Sick time, and PTO
Mission of Focus Points Family Resource Center: To build better communities by strengthening families.
Scope of Organization: Since 1995, Focus Points has worked successfully to support low-income and working families in Northeast Denver and beyond through its wraparound services. Focus Points serves over 2,500 participants each year – most of whom are Spanish-speaking immigrants, refugees, and members of the Latinx community. Focus Points is committed to:
- School readiness programs to open doors for future success;
- Family literacy and adult programs to achieve personal and family sustainability;
- Healthy living and health access programs to promote active, vibrant living,
- Parent engagement and community leadership to foster empowerment; and
- Economic and workforce training and development to support financial independence and community stability.
Focus Points Family Resource Center is seeking a full-time Development and Grants Manager to join our team. This position will work in collaboration with the Director of Development and Communications to ensure Focus Points achieves its annual fundraising goals. Specifically, this position will be responsible for writing, researching, and reporting of government and private foundation grants, executing many aspects of donor cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship, assisting with fundraising events, and maintaining donor records. This position may be eligible for hybrid remote/in-office work schedule.
Responsibilities & Activities
Grant Writing, Research, and Reporting (60%)
- Manage master grants calendar including proposal and reporting deadlines (approximately 45-60 government, corporate, and private foundation grants annually).
- Conduct research of prospective supporters including private foundations, government grants, and corporate philanthropic opportunities.
- Research, write, and submit grant proposals and reports with support from the Development team.
Donor Cultivation and Engagement (20%)
- In collaboration with the Director of Development and Communications, create and execute a monthly giving program.
- Manage donor cultivation and engagement activities for various donor segments, assist with donor acknowledgement and other donor appreciation activities.
- Entering donor moves management into donor management database (Blackbaud Raiser’s Edge).
Event and Fundraising Campaign Management (15%)
- Manage aspects of the planning and execution of Focus Points annual fundraising event, Lotería.
- Assist with the planning and execution of other events as determined by the Development team.
- Assist with the implementation of year-round fundraising campaigns including segmented donor solicitation.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Director of Development and Communications.
Written Communication – proven success implementing communication strategies and strong writing skills for internal and external stakeholders, preferably in a nonprofit environment.
Time Management – ability to allocate resources to accomplish tasks and meet deadlines by prioritizing responsibilities while working across multiple systems with staff from multiple departments.
Information Gathering – ability to research, analyze and compile information to prepare grant and donor content and to share information effectively with a variety of internal and external stakeholders.
Attention to Detail – demonstrate excellent project management and organization skills with the ability to prioritize multiple deadlines and timelines for deliverables.
Resource Management – manage allocation or utilization of material resources and effectively engage staff to acquire additional needed information.
Technology and Database Proficiency – the ability to successfully manage database functions and an understanding of how to effectively utilize database features to collect and manage relevant information. Knowledge of Raiser’s Edge a plus.
Nonprofit Knowledge – Previous experience working in a nonprofit environment to develop an understanding of nonprofit process and management.
Bilingual Communication – Read, write, and speak Spanish at a basic level with other staff and participants so that staff members can be involved in organizational prioritization of linguistic justice and understand the unique qualities and needs of our community.
Personal or professional commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion as demonstrated by persistent effort, active planning, allocation of resources and/or accountability for diversity and inclusion outcomes. Applicant must share a commitment to anti-racist work.
COVID-19 Precaution(s): (These are subject to current guidelines)
- In-person interview process; social distancing guidelines in place; masking, some virtual meetings; sanitizing procedures in place
Send cover letter, resume, and three professional references to Cheri Gonzales, Director of Development and Communications at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Development and Grants Manager Application.” Applications will be accepted through October 22nd, position start date of mid-November.