Title: Development Specialist
Reports to: Director of Development
Status: Full-Time, 40 hours a week.
About Focus Points Family Resource Center: Since 1995, Focus Points has worked successfully to transform the lives of low-income and working families in Northeast Denver and beyond. Focus Points serves over 2,000 participants each year – most of whom are Spanish speaking immigrants, other Latino families and refugees. Focus Points is committed to:
• School readiness programs to open doors for future success;
• Family literacy and adult self-reliance programs to facilitate independence;
• Healthy living and health access programs to promote active, vibrant living,
• Parent engagement and community leadership to foster empowerment and
• Economic and workforce training and development to support financial independence and community stability.
This is a Full-Time position. Focus Points Family Resource Center is seeking a Development Specialist who will coordinate all grant deadlines and reporting requirements, assist with grant proposals and fundraising campaigns. Assist with event production, coordination and logistics. Administrative support as requested.
Time Frame: Interviewing immediately; Start date April 2020
Hours: Full -Time, 40 hours a week.
- Bachelor’s degree and 2+ years of experience in grant writing and development.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and ability to communicate clearly and professionally with coworkers, donors, organization leaders and the community at large
- Must be extremely detail-oriented, organized with excellent organizational and project management skills
- Excellent writing/editing and verbal communications skills
- Relates well to all kinds of people including staff, board members, volunteers, donors, participants, vendors and other stakeholders
- High degree of personal motivation, self-direction and detail-orientation
- Ability to work with minimal supervision at high level of effort
- Ability to effectively communicate and disseminate information/tasks
- Effective problem-solving skills
- Creative and analytical thinker with ability to proactively develop new ideas
- Extremely well-organized, ability to multi-task and prioritize while working under multiple deadlines
- Working knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite with significant proficiency with Excel and Word; Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Website management, and Email software platforms, such as Constant Contact
- Proficiency with Blackbaud Raisers Edge a plus
- Ability to perform tasks in an open office environment
- Ability to work within a typical work-week schedule with flexible hours for some evening and weekend events. Use of personal vehicle may be required.
- Commitment to the mission of Focus Points
- Fully bilingual in Spanish required: understand, speak, read and write at expert level. Native Speaker a plus.
- Maintain an accurate grants and reporting calendar
- Conduct research on new funding/development opportunities
- Assist in organizing and preparing grant proposals and applications
- Assist with all fundraising campaigns
- Assist with all events coordination, production and logistics
- Attend staff and other relevant meetings, and participate in key events as needed to support fundraising initiatives
- Other duties as requested
- Reports to Director of development
- This position is full time requiring 40 hours per week. Competitive Salary, Employer paid 90% health care coverage with 50% coverage for dependents, dental, life, STD/LTD insurance, vacation, holiday and sick time off and a 403(b) retirement plan with 3% employer contribution.
Send cover letter, resume, writing sample and three professional or academic references to Jhon F. Londoño, Director of Development at email@example.com by March 20, 2020.
Focus Points Resource Center is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits unlawful discrimination on the basis of age, race, sex, color, religion, national origin, disability, military status, genetic information, ancestry, creed, gender identity or expression, and sexual orientation, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.