Early Childhood Educator
Title: Early Childhood Educator
Reports to: Onsite ECE Program Manager
Status: Part-Time, non-exempt, hourly position
Compensation/Benefits: $16/hour, N/A
Mission of Focus Points Family Resource Center: To build better communities by strengthening families.
Scope of Organization: For nearly 25 years, Focus Points has worked successfully to transform the lives of low-income and working families in Northeast Denver and beyond. Focus Points serves over 2,000 participants each year, most of whom are Spanish-speaking immigrants. Focus Points is committed to:
- School readiness programs to open doors to future success.
- Family literacy and adult self-reliance programs to facilitate independence.
- Healthy living and health access programs to promote active, vibrant living.
- Parent engagement and community leadership to foster empowerment; and
- Economic and workforce training and development to support financial independence and community stability.
Responsibilities & Activities
This position will require a person who has experience working with immigrant, low-income, and diverse families.
Our ECE Educator will work with children and their parents through age-specific online learning sessions that emphasize sensory experiences, social interactions, and hands-on learning to promote development in all developmental areas.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Believes in and practices the mission and goals of the program.
- Have experience working with preschool children
- Builds a relationship of support and mutual respect with all families and coworkers while performing duties efficiently and within established timeframe
- Act as a role model of appropriate behavior
- Carry out the responsibilities assigned to you.
- Attends meetings, training, courses, conferences, etc. as necessary.
- Maintains a positive attitude and open mind towards changes.
- Plan, carry out, and assess developmentally appropriate activities and experiences in harmony with Focus Points’ philosophy.
- Organize space, equipment, and materials before and after activities.
- Participate in short- and long-term planning and evaluation and staff program reviews.
- Maintains cleanliness of multi-use areas.
- Maintain regular attendance and punctuality.
- Ensures timely delivery of time sheets and other pertinent information for payroll.
- Ability to lift (up to 25lb).
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Classroom Management—Instruct preschool-aged children in rules of conduct and new tasks to promote an effective learning environment.
- Instruction—Ability to develop, evaluate, design, and implement curriculum activities that are fun and educational for preschool-aged children.
- Flexibility—Quickly adapt to the new circumstances as they arise to meet program needs.
- Cultural Awareness—Develop and utilize daily plans which reflect inclusive values, respect parental/cultural influences, and promote the social, emotional, physical, and cognitive development of children.
- Technology—Demonstrate operational knowledge of internet and web-related technology to communicate, distribute curriculum, and report data outcomes.
- Bilingual/Biliterate—Communicates through oral and written Spanish to support linguistic justice for Spanish speaking participants and ensure equitable access to information.
- Teamwork—Work productively with other educators to serve participants, achieve program goals, and represent the organization positively.
- Creativity—Ability to find ways to involve children in classroom instruction in order to actively engage the attention of all children.
COVID-19 Precaution(s): (These are subject to current guidelines)
- Remote interview process; social distancing guidelines in place; virtual meetings; sanitizing procedures in place.
All applications due by August 4th, 2021. Send cover letter and resume and three references to Julia Santisteban at email@example.com
Please no phone calls.
Focus Points Resource Center is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits unlawful discrimination on the basis of age, race, sex, color, religion, national origin, disability, military status, genetic information, ancestry, creed, gender identity or expression, and sexual orientation, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.