Early Childhood Education (ECE) Educator
Title: Early Childhood Education (ECE) Educator
Reports to: Onsite ECE Program Manager
Status: Part-Time, Non-Exempt
Mission of Focus Points Family Resource Center: To build better communities by strengthening families.
Scope of Organization: For almost 25 years, Focus Points has successfully worked to transform the lives of low-income families in Northeast Denver. Focus Points’ community-driven programs are aptly designed to address the myriad of challenges that our families face, helping them to move further along the pathway to self-resilience and fulfillment. The scope of our services is thus very broad, including early education, health and wellness, economic and workforce development, mental health support, basic needs assistance, public transportation, English Language Acquisition (ELA), and adult basic education.
The Early Childhood Educator will provide a quality caring and supportive childcare Program to the participates of the organization Focus Points Family Resource Center. This position will require a person who has experience working with immigrant, low-income, diverse families.
- Believes in and practices the mission, goals of the program
- Builds a relationship of support and mutual respect with all families and coworkers
- Act as a role model of appropriate behavior
- Carry out the responsibilities assigned to you
- Attends meetings, training, courses, conferences, etc. as necessary
- Maintains a positive attitude and open mind towards changes
- Plan, carry out, and assess developmentally appropriate activities and experiences in harmony with the Center philosophy.
- Provide a daily balance of active/quiet, indoor/outdoor, and individual/ group activities
- Organize space, equipment and materials before and after activities
- Participate in short- and long-term planning and evaluation and staff program reviews
- Ensure the children environment is healthy and safe
- Establish daily eating routines that are fun for children
- Maintains cleanliness of multi-use areas.
- Attend regular staff meetings
- Participate in the annual performance review process
- Contribute to the annual plan for the ECE Program
- Maintain regular attendance and punctuality
- Ensures timely delivery of time sheets and other pertinent information for payroll
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Accountabilities
- Warm and welcoming customer service towards Focus Points families, volunteer, and clients.
- Professional appearance.
- Have experience in childcare
- Have the knowledge and familiarity with the computer
- Be able to adapt variable circumstances and adversity
- Possess or could obtain, CRP and First Aid Certification
- Strong communication skills.
- Highly organized, detail oriented, and able to work independently.
- Understanding and agreement to follow all policies, procedures & protocols as set forth in the Focus Points Employee Handbook Policies and Procedure manual.
- Conformance to a drug-free workplace, not be under the influence of alcohol and/or other illicit drugs of abuse.
- Ability to lift (up to 25kg)
- Flexibility of schedule.
Credentials, Experience and Qualifications
- Be certified in early education programs (CDA) preferred.
- High School Diploma or equivalent (GED) required.
- Two to three years of experience working with children and families from diverse and low-income communities, preferred.
- Bilingual, oral and written (Spanish and English.
- An Understanding of the issues that affect children and their families
- Excellent interpersonal skills with parents, community members
- Mature and responsible attitude towards work
- Willingness to work flexible hours
- Competency with Microsoft Office software: Word, Excel, Outlook, Publisher, and Power Point, required
Send information to Julia Santisteban, Onsite ECE Program Manager
Focus Points Family Resource Center
2501 East 48th Avenue Denver, Colorado 80216
Attn: Julia Santisteban Onsite ECE Program Manager
*All interested applicants should submit a cover letter and resume by January 24, 2020.
*No phone calls please.
*Interviews will be set on January 30th and 31st, 2020
Focus Points Resource Center is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits unlawful discrimination on the basis of age, race, sex, color, religion, national origin, disability, military status, genetic information, ancestry, creed, gender identity or expression, and sexual orientation, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.