Human Resources Specialist
Title: Human Resources Specialist
Status: Part-Time, hourly
About Focus Points Family Resource Center: Since 1995, Focus Points has worked successfully to transform the lives of low-income and working families in Northeast Denver and beyond. Focus Points serves over 2,000 participants each year – most of whom are Spanish speaking immigrants, other Latino families and refugees. Focus Points is committed to:
• School readiness programs to open doors for future success;
• Family literacy and adult self-reliance programs to facilitate independence;
• Healthy living and health access programs to promote active, vibrant living,
• Parent engagement and community leadership to foster empowerment and
• Economic and workforce training and development to support financial independence and community stability.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Post and manage job openings
• New hire processing and orientation
• Conduct benefits Open Enrollment meetings
• Be available to answer employee questions concerning benefits and HR policies
• Responsible for payroll. Collect, review, correct and obtain approval of timesheets
• Process salary increases, bonuses, commissions, transfers, promotions and terminations
• Maintain vacation calendar
• Administer worker’s compensation
• Make sure all HR regulations are followed
• Help train staff
• Maintain organizational chart
• Maintain updated job descriptions
• Maintain the integrity and confidentiality of human resource files and records
• Answer frequently asked questions from employees relative to standard policies, credential compliance, etc.; refer more complex questions to appropriate staff
• Commitment to the mission of Focus Points
• Associate’s degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; 1-3 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Working knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite with proficiency with Excel and Word;
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to manage sensitive and confidential situations with tact, professionalism, and diplomacy
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
• Demonstrated commitment to communities of color, Latinx, Immigrant, Refugee and Asylum-seeking populations
• Commitment to participate in anti-racist work
• Fully bilingual in English and Spanish is required, and must demonstrate the ability to understand, speak, read and write Spanish at expert level. Native speaker a plus.
This is a part-time hourly position. $22/hour
Send cover letter, resume, and three professional references to Elvia Rodriguez email@example.com by July 30, 2020.
Focus Points Resource Center is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits unlawful discrimination on the basis of age, race, sex, color, religion, national origin, disability, military status, genetic information, ancestry, creed, gender identity or expression, and sexual orientation, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.