Reports to: Manager of Centralized Services
Status: Part-Time, Non-Exempt: 6 – 10 hours per week/ $16/hr.
Mission of Focus Points Family Resource Center: To build better communities by strengthening families.
Scope of Organization: For almost 25 years, Focus Points has successfully worked to transform the lives of low-income families in Northeast Denver. Focus Points’ community-driven programs are aptly designed to address the myriad of challenges that our families face, helping them to move further along the pathway to self-resilience and fulfillment. The scope of our services is thus very broad, including early education, health and wellness, economic and workforce development, mental health support, basic needs assistance, public transportation, English Language Acquisition (ELA), and adult basic education.
Position Summary: The Receptionist is the first point of contact for our organization and is responsible for creating a warm and welcoming environment. The Receptionist’s duties include providing administrative support, welcoming guests, and greeting visitors and participants. Coordinate front-desk activities, including distributing correspondence and redirecting phone calls.
To be successful the Receptionist needs to have a pleasant personality, as this is also a customer service role. You should also be able to deal with emergencies in a timely and effective manner, while streamlining office operations. Multitasking and stress management skills are essential for this position. This role may require working in shifts, so flexibility is a plus.
- Welcomes and directs people
- Maintains cleanliness of multi-use areas including lobby, kitchen, conference and community room, restrooms, and grounds.
- Participate in special projects
- Coordinate room setup for meetings such as all staff meetings, etc.… (with exception to program meetings)
- Maintain a professional attitude and adhere to a high level of confidentiality towards participants and Focus Points staff
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Accountabilities
- Genuine Interest in Focus Points’ mission
- Warm and welcoming
- Customer Service Attitude
- Professional attitude and appearance
- Strong Communication Skills
- Highly organized, detail oriented, and able to work independently
- Experience and ability to identify with low-income, immigrant families from diverse communities
- Ability to adapt to changing circumstances and deal with adversity
- Participation as a Focus Points team player by attending staff meetings and other organizational events and willingness to share knowledge to advance knowledge and skills of others.
- Understanding and agreement to follow all policies, procedures & protocols as set forth in the Focus Points Employee Handbook.
- Conformance to a drug-free workplace, not be under the influence of alcohol and/or other illicit drugs of abuse.
- A professional, positive, and polite attitude and relationship with other Focus Points employees, volunteers, clients, and customers.
- Bilingual, oral and written (Spanish and English)
- Preferred 2 to 3 years of office experience
Focus Points Resource Center is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits unlawful discrimination on the basis of age, race, sex, color, religion, national origin, disability, military status, genetic information, ancestry, creed, gender identity or expression, and sexual orientation, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.