Community & Family Development Manager
Title: Community & Family Development Manager
Reports to: Director of Family Programs
Status: Full-Time, Exempt
Benefits: Competitive Salary, Kaiser, Dental & Vision Insurance, LT, ST and Life Insurance, IRA Retirement Plan, Vacation/Sick Time/Personal Time
Mission of Focus Points Family Resource Center: Desarrollar mejores comunidades por fortalecer a las familias.
Scope of Organization:
For nearly 25 years, Focus Points has worked successfully to transform the lives of low-income and working families in Northeast Denver and beyond. Focus Points serves over 1,500 families each year, most of whom are Spanish-speaking immigrants. Focus Points is committed to:
- School readiness programs to open doors to future success;
- Family literacy and adult self-reliance programs to facilitate independence;
- Healthy living and health access programs to promote active, vibrant living;
- Parent engagement and community leadership to foster empowerment; and
- Economic and workforce training and development to support financial independence and community stability.
Position Summary: The Family and Community Development Manager is a management position at Focus Points within the Family Programs Department. This position will report directly to the Director of Family programs and is part of a team of ECE providers and family specialists. The right candidate needs to have a skill set focusing on programmatic details. The position will oversee the following programs: Family Development and Community Development. Experience in these areas if preferred. This position supervises two direct reports and provides coaching and support to employees in their positions. This position is also required to support the organization in meeting Family Resource Center Association member requirements, especially data reporting. This manager role will have an impact on our organization and community.
- Provide oversight of Community Development program.
- Grow Community Development programs by creating a promotion plan for increased participation. Manager will be required to participate and guide implementation of the plan.
- Provide oversight of Family Development Programs case work, including knowledge of program’s requirements and processes.
- Complete Family Development Credentials training and supervise timely completion of Efforts to Outcomes (ETO) data requirements.
- Attend meetings, trainings, and conferences relating to Family/Community Development, Family Resource Center Association, and Focus Points.
- Cultivate and maintain partnerships with outside organizations to expand program or participant referral opportunities.
- Manager responsibilities: hiring, training, supervision and evaluation of employees of the Family/Community Development program.
- Assist in the preparation of federal, state, foundation, and corporate grant requests by providing ideas, information, and review of narrative, goals and budgets.
- Work with Management team on the maintenance of a yearly program calendar, objectives, outcomes, goals and relevant issues pertaining to Family/Community programs.
- Manage program budget.
- Maintain a professional attitude and adhere to a high level of confidentiality towards participants and Focus Points staff.
- Provide support to fundraising efforts and special events.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Accountabilities
- Bilingual and biliterate proficiency in English and Spanish required
- Proven ability to develop and run programs
- Ability to lead, supervise, and evaluate personnel
- Skills in using Windows and online computer programs and databases
- Commitment to a family development model emphasizing assets in each person and family
- Ability to develop collaborative relationships and partnerships
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Knowledge about community resources, a plus
- Attention to detail and balancing numerous tasks
- Able to maintain high levels of confidentiality, credibility and professionalism
- Demonstrated experience being able to remain motivated while working independently or collaboratively as needed
- Good organizational skills
- Ability to adapt to changing circumstances and deal with challenges
- Must be able to work some weekends and evenings and have reliable transportation
Credentials, Experience and Qualifications
- Master of Social Work or commensurate experience
- Administrative/management experience in a nonprofit
- Experience running, developing and managing programs and services
- Supervisory experience
- Experience with working with diverse communities; particularly beneficial to have experience with low-income and immigrant populations.
2501 E. 48th Ave., Denver, CO 80216
Phone: 303-292-0770 / Fax: 303-293-9386
Focus Points Resource Center is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits unlawful discrimination on the basis of age, race, sex, color, religion, national origin, disability, military status, genetic information, ancestry, creed, gender identity or expression, and sexual orientation, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.