Title: Development Associate
Reports to: Director of Development
Status: Full-Time, 40 hours a week.
Position Summary: This is a Full-Time position. Focus Points Family Resource Center is seeking a full-time Development Specialist to join our team and be a key member in our fundraising efforts. This is a generalist position that will assist with grants, fundraising campaigns, and events.
About Focus Points Family Resource Center: Since 1995, Focus Points has worked successfully to transform the lives of low-income and working families in Northeast Denver and beyond. Focus Points serves over 2,000 participants each year – most of whom are Spanish speaking immigrants, other Latino families and refugees. Focus Points is committed to:
• School readiness programs to open doors for future success;
• Family literacy and adult self-reliance programs to facilitate independence;
• Healthy living and health access programs to promote active, vibrant living,
• Parent engagement and community leadership to foster empowerment and
• Economic and workforce training and development to support financial independence and community stability.
Start Date: Interviewing immediately; Start date August 2020
Hours: Full -Time, 40 hours a week.
- Commitment to the mission of Focus Points
- Bachelor’s degree and 3 to 5 years of experience in grant writing and development
- Must be extremely detail-oriented, with excellent organizational and project management skills
- Excellent writing/editing and verbal communications skills
- Relates well to all kinds of people including staff, board members, volunteers, donors, participants, vendors and other stakeholders
- High degree of personal motivation, self-direction and detail-orientation
- Effective problem-solving skills
- Creative and analytical thinker with ability to proactively develop new ideas
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize while working under multiple deadlines
- Working knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite with proficiency with Excel and Word
- Proficiency with Blackbaud Raisers Edge; 2+ years of experience a plus
- Ability to perform tasks in an open office environment, and remotely during COVID19 response
- Ability to work with minimal supervision at high level of effort
- Ability to work within a typical work-week schedule with flexible hours for some evening and weekend events. Use of personal vehicle may be required.
- Demonstrated commitment to communities of color, Latinx, Immigrant, Refugee and Asylum-seeking populations
- Commitment to participate in anti-racist work
- Fully bilingual in English and Spanish required: Must demonstrate the ability to understand, speak, read and write Spanish at expert level. Native Speaker a plus.
- Organize, preparing and submitting grant proposals and applications
- Maintain an accurate grants and reporting calendar
- Maintain and update donor and funder records using Blackbaud Raisers Edge CRM
- Analyze and produce fundraising reports using Blackbaud Raisers Edge CRM
- Maintain an accurate donor and funder recognition and stewardship calendar
- Conduct research on new funding/development opportunities
- Assist with all fundraising campaigns
- Assist with all events coordination, production and logistics
- Attend staff and other relevant meetings, and participate in key events as needed to support fundraising initiatives
- Other duties as requested
This position is full time requiring 40 hours per week. Competitive Salary, Employer paid 90% health care coverage with 50% coverage for dependents, dental, life, STD/LTD insurance, vacation, holiday and sick time off and a 403(b) retirement plan with 3% employer contribution.
To Apply: Send cover letter, resume, writing sample and three professional or academic references to Jules Kelty, Executive Director firstname.lastname@example.org by September 30, 2020.
Focus Points Resource Center is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits unlawful discrimination on the basis of age, race, sex, color, religion, national origin, disability, military status, genetic information, ancestry, creed, gender identity or expression, and sexual orientation, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.