Workforce Development Manager
Title: Workforce Development Manager
Reports to: Director of Community Education and Economic Opportunities
Status: Full-Time, Exempt, salaried
Hours: 8-5 but may require some evenings and/or weekends
Remote Work: This position may be eligible for partial remote-work schedule
Benefits: Kaiser, Delta Dental and Vision Insurance, Lt, ST, and life insurance, IRA retirement plan, Vacation, Sick time, and Personal time.
Mission of Focus Points Family Resource Center: To build better communities by strengthening families.
Scope of Organization: For 25 years, Focus Points has worked successfully to transform the lives of low-income and working families in Northeast Denver and beyond. Focus Points serves over 2,000 participants each year, most of whom are Spanish-speaking immigrants. Focus Points is committed to:
- School readiness programs to open doors to future success.
- Family literacy and adult self-reliance programs to facilitate independence.
- Healthy living and health access programs to promote active, vibrant living.
- Parent engagement and community leadership to foster empowerment; and
- Economic and workforce training and development to support financial independence and community stability.
The Workforce Development Manager provides oversight of the Workforce Development team, execution of all workforce services and ensures fidelity and funding requirements are met. The position performs comprehensive budget, project and supervision management duties. The Manager will also serve as a representative of Focus Points in the workforce space and will cultivate partnerships in support of the programs. The Manager supervises all staff members within the Workforce Team.
Responsibilities & Activities
Program Oversight – In Coordination with and under the supervision of the Director of Community Education and Economic Opportunities
- Formulates strategic planning for Workforce Development program models and sets program goals in collaboration with program managers
- Manages fiscal responsibility for programs including budget and grant management and reporting
- Provides project management for projects related to programs and the organization
- Creates logistics plans for implementation of program strategic goals, activities, and events
- Works collaboratively with other departments to ensure systems are in place for appropriate communication, program logistics, and annual programming calendar.
- Establishes and builds supportive relationships with participant families and other Focus Points personnel
- Serves as a representative of the organization to cultivate mutually beneficial partnerships in the workforce ecosystem to support both organization and participants.
- Analyzes changes, opportunities, and risks in the workforce space and collaborates with the Director to initiate program change initiatives
- Helps Guide program in maintaining and achieving DEI standards as set by the organization
- Supervise all staff within the workforce team
- Conducts and supports hiring, onboarding, and ongoing training for Workforce personnel
- Provides coaching, support, and conflict resolution assistance to direct reports and program personnel to ensure high job performance, growth, and professional development opportunities.
- Prepare timely and accurate reports
- Meet all departmental and organizational requirements including budget and grant reporting
- Maintain a professional attitude and high level of confidentiality
- Other duties as assigned
- Resourcefulness, Adaptability & Initiative. Independently execute projects and tasks from initiation to completion, with required attention to detail, while using available resources and seeking guidance when necessary to manage projects.
- Bilingual & Biliterate in Spanish/English. Proficiently understand, speak, read, and write in Spanish and English to execute verbal inquiries, presentations, and writing assignments across varying platforms to disperse required details, build consensus, gather information, and complete deliverables.
- Relationship Building & Interpersonal Skills. Collaborate effectively with staff, participants, and community partners to successfully create sustainable workforce processes, programs and events.
- Technology Proficiency. The ability to enter/analyze data and create/analyze dashboards using Microsoft Office Suite, cloud-based file storage software (such as SharePoint), and customer relationship management software (such as Salesforce) to track outputs with programs, partners, events, and other stakeholders.
- Cultural Responsiveness. Dialogue and partner with diverse communities with humility, curiosity, and sensitivity to build genuine relationships, meet community and partners “where they are” and foster sustainable growth. Demonstrate a sound understanding of barriers that impact participants specific to the workforce environment.
- Provide day to day management, oversight, coaching and supportto direct reports to foster teamwork and ensure high job performance, growth, and professional development opportunities so that all personnel perform to the best of their abilities and in accordance with HR and organizational standards.
- Decision Making and Problem Solving. Process situations, projects, and challenges with a methodical and thoughtful approach to meet the changing needs and requirements of stakeholders. This includes the ability to utilize data-informed strategies analyzing opportunities and partnerships to evaluate moving forward with a process, event, program and/or referral partner.
- Adaptability/Flexibility. Ability to regularly shift between scheduled work assignments, new assignments, participant needs, supervision, and administrative office tasks, to complete all listed essential functions.
- Workforce Strategy. Effectively plan programming, build and maintain workforce pipeline including participant recruitment, goal-setting, placement, retention follow-up, and build employer partnerships and industry networks in order to maintain a high functioning workforce development team
- Management of Financial Resources. Understand and fulfil grant fiscal requirements and create a budget and manage revenue and expenses to effectively match financial resources to needs for positive program outcomes
COVID-19 Precaution(s): (These are subject to current guidelines)
- In-person interview process; social distancing guidelines in place; masking, some virtual meetings; sanitizing procedures in place
Send cover letter, resume, and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org..
Focus Points Resource Center is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits unlawful discrimination on the basis of age, race, sex, color, religion, national origin, disability, military status, genetic information, ancestry, creed, gender identity or expression, and sexual orientation, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.