- This event has passed.
The Give Small BIG IMPACT Campaign: One Day of Giving for Focus Points
On August 5, we will kick off Focus Points week with the Give Small BIG IMPACT Campaign: One Day of Giving for Focus Points. On August 5, we ask supporters to invest $5 in our mission and spread the word to 5 people in their networks. These small donations will add up to help Focus Points make a BIG IMPACT throughout the community.
Why give to Focus Points? Here are 5 Reasons to Give on August 5:
- Help any of the 300 families that Focus Points serves like Frederick, who lost his wife and is unable to work due to a disability, but was able to keep a roof over his head and his daughter’s because of Focus Points’ support.
- Be a part of a parent’s investment in their children’s future through the Parents as Teachers (PAT) program, which helps 70 families prepare the next generation for success in school.
- Your gift can help Jose and 400 students like him learn English. Jose grew up in a Spanish speaking home and says, “I want to learn more so that my children can be a little bit proud of me.”
- You can help 140 people like Luis take the next step towards sustainable income. Luis found a job where he could give back to the community he grew up in with the help of Focus Points’ Workforce Development program.
- Invest in local business development and the dreams of members of your community. Comal Heritage Food Incubator helps 15 refugees and immigrants learn invaluable culinary skills and obtain the certifications necessary to operate a food business.
If those five real-life reasons aren’t enough, Focus Points will also host giveaways for those who participate in Focus Points Week. Prizes include gift cards to Comal Heritage Food Incubator and tickets to its Impact Dinner series, as well as tickets to ¡Lotería!: A Fiesta Benefitting Focus Points. A donation includes automatic entry into the giveaway – no purchase necessary.