Home Instruction for Parents of Preschool Youngsters (HIPPY)
Early Childhood Education–Ages 3-5
Home Instruction for Parents of Preschool Youngsters (HIPPY) is an early childhood education program for kids ages 3-5. It works with families in the comfort of their own homes to support parents by making sure their children are ready for kindergarten.
We meet with caregivers and children once per week for one hour. During this time, we:
- Guide parents through a carefully developed, progressive school readiness curriculum
- Strengthen children’s cognitive skills, early literacy skills, social/emotional skills and physical development
- Practice role playing activities with parents that they can do with their children at home
- Measure children’s progress towards school readiness
Once per month, we host a group meeting where PAT families can learn together. Like home visits, these meetings have a dual focus:
- Activity stations teach parents activities they can do with their children, including early literacy and math, social-emotional skills, and gross motor skills
- Education about parenting skills and family well-being
Registration for our 2023-2024 program year is currently open! Please visit Focus Points between 10am-2pm from Wednesday, September 6 – Friday, September 8th to register for the program. Don’t forget to bring:
- Birth Certificate
- Immunization Record
- Physical Exam
- Proof of Address (i.e. an energy bill)
Interested in participating in our HIPPY program?
Click the button below, fill out the information
and we will be in touch.