Comal Part Time Front-of-house Specialist
Job Title: PT Front of House Specialist – Cashier
Reports to: Comal Program Manager
Provides supervision to: none
Status: Part-Time; $16 hourly; up to 30 hours weekly; Non-Exempt
Desired Start: April 4th, 2022
Mission of Focus Points Family Resource Center: To build better communities by strengthening families.
Scope of Organization: For 25 years, Focus Points has successfully worked to transform the lives of low-income families in Northeast Denver. Focus Points’ community-driven programs are aptly designed to address the myriad of challenges that our families face, helping them to move further along the pathway to self-resilience and fulfillment. The scope of our services is thus very broad, including early education, health and wellness, economic and workforce development, mental health support, basic needs assistance, public transportation, English Language Acquisition (ELA), and adult basic education. We are committed to increasing the diversity of our staff and providing culturally responsive programs and services. We encourage responses from people of all backgrounds and abilities. Comal Heritage Food Incubator is a social enterprise training program under Focus Points’ Social Enterprise Department. Comal’s mission is to increase economic mobility for low-income entrepreneurs by providing the education, income, and support needed to launch their own food-based businesses.
Position Summary: Focus Points Family Resource Center is looking for one (1) qualified candidate to fill our Comal PT FOH Specialist (Cashier) position. The Comal PT FOH Specialist (Cashier) will be responsible for maintaining a clean, organized, friendly, and healthy dining area for guests and the Comal program participants in alignment with public health regulations and industry best practices. The FOH specialist will work with Focus Points participants, who typically come from immigrant, refugee, low-income, and other diverse backgrounds.
- Provide exemplary customer service to every guest
- Process cash and credit card transactions
- Ensure the expediter station, dining room, patio, and bar area are clean and organized throughout the day, following industry standards and department of health requirements
- Receiving and placing orders from customers on TOAST point of sales system.
- Responsible for creating end of day sales report
- Reconcile and close cash drawer
- Responsible for maintaining the highest standards of customer service
- Navigate customer complaints; take up to manager as needed
- Track inventory and notify Chef when an order needs to be placed
- Assist with expediting the line as needed
- Assist with packing to-go and online food orders as needed
- Assist with running food as needed
- Assist with bussing tables as needed
- Assist with dishwashing as needed
- Run the expo line as needed
- Work as a cashier to support sister Social Enterprise, CoCuA, as needed
- Assist with other tasks as determined by Supervisor
- Attend all mandatory organizational meetings including but not limited to: 1:1s with Supervisor, All-Staff Meetings, Retreats. Department Meetings, and Trainings
- Bilingual in Spanish and English, required
- Basic math skills, required
- Ability to stand for up to 6 hours, required
- Customer service skills – required
- ServSafe Food Handlers Certificate – preferred
- Basic social media skills; Facebook & Instagram, Google Business, preferred
- Experience with Canva, and Microsoft Office Suite, preferred
- Previous experience with TOAST or similar point of sales system, preferred
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and ability to upkeep work when it is slower
- Attention to detail
- Reliable transportation and mobile phone service
- Ability to bend, climb, and kneel regularly in a commercial kitchen setting
Ability to lift and carry 30 pounds, unassisted
Personal or professional commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion as demonstrated by persistent effort, active planning, allocation of resources and/or accountability for diversity and inclusion outcomes. Applicant must share a commitment to anti-racist work.
How to apply
For consideration, send your resume, letter of interest, and contact information to: Arden Lewis, Comal Program Manager at email@example.com
*No phone calls please.
Focus Points Family Resource Center is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits unlawful discrimination on the basis of age, race, sex, color, religion, national origin, disability, military status, genetic information, ancestry, creed, gender identity or expression, and sexual orientation, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.