Communications and Marketing Manager
Title: Communications and Marketing Manager
Reports to: Director of Development and Communications
Status: Full-Time, non-exempt
Starting Salary: $50,000-$58,000
Benefits: Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, Short Term/Long Term Disability coverage, Life Insurance, IRA retirement plan, Vacation, Sick time, Personal Time and Hybrid Work Model
Mission of Focus Points Family Resource Center: To build better communities by strengthening families.
Scope of Organization: For 27 years, Focus Points has worked successfully to transform the lives of low-income and working working families in Northeast Denver and beyond. Focus Points serves over 2,900 participants each year, most of whom are Spanish-speaking immigrants. Focus Points is strongly committed to our values around collaboration, equity, and integrity which add to our four pillars:
- Family Support – Advancing family sustainability through classes and guidance, using a goal setting and strength-based approach.
- Community Resources – Connecting people to resources that advance health equity, financial stability, networks, and community.
- Education – Opening doors to success for children and adults by providing training and high-quality instruction.
- Economic Inclusion – Driving economic stability for communities, families, and individuals by teaching new job skills, advancing careers and co-creating businesses and social enterprises with community.
Focus Points Family Resource Center is seeking a full-time Communications and Marketing Specialist with 1-3 years’ experience to join our team. This position produces and guides strategy for all external communications including marketing collateral, website and email communication, and social media to consistently articulate Focus Points’ mission, values and enlist support for the organization’s work.
Responsibilities & Activities:
- Organizational Messaging & Written Communications
- Work closely with the Director of Development and Communications on the creation, implementation, and maintenance of short- and long-term marketing and communication strategies for fundraising.
- Develop, implement, and evaluate the annual communications plan across marketing channels and departments in support of Focus Points’ fundraising and program goals.
- Manage the development, distribution and maintenance of all print and electronic collateral including, but not limited to, the annual report, event collateral, donor stewardship communications, newsletters and other outreach materials, in coordination with printing and graphic design vendors
- Work with Public Relations contractor to facilitate PR efforts that are in line with organizational marketing and communication strategies
- Assist with all marketing elements associated with events promotion and production
- Attend staff and other relevant meetings and participate in key events as needed
- Other duties as assigned
Digital Marketing Execution
- Create and monitor content for social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, and YouTube, while collaborating with departmental staff
- Maintain, update, and manage website via WordPress
- Build catalog of communication assets including stories, photos and videos of Focus Points’ work with participants and the community, in coordination with photographers and videographers
- Other duties as assigned
Written Communication – the ability to execute writing assignments across varying platforms in order to disperse mission-driven and uniform communication to all Focus Points stakeholders and community members.
Bilingual Communication – the ability to understand, speak, read and write Spanish at a proficient level to bilingually implement marketing communications. Heritage speaker a plus.
Digital Marketing Literacy – knowledge of using common marketing software for website management, email campaigns, and social media platforms. Focus Points uses a variety of platforms, including Microsoft Office Suite Microsoft Publisher, WordPress, MailerLite, and the aforementioned social media platforms.
Digital & Graphic Design – basic design skills for collateral such as informational flyers, brochures, email and social media platform graphics.
Relationship Building & Interpersonal Skills – collaborate with staff and participants to communicate program successes to external stakeholders. Build relationships with all stakeholders including administrative staff, board members, volunteers, donors, participants, and vendors to create a sense of community further representing Focus Points’ mission.
Attention to Detail – demonstrate excellent project management and organization skills with the ability to prioritize multiple deadlines and timelines for deliverables. While this role will maintain a strong focus on facilitating communications that pertain directly to fundraising activities, all organizational departments will require support to promote Focus Points programs including, but not limited to, early childhood education, adult education, economic opportunity, and family & community development.
Resourcefulness & Initiative –approach projects and tasks with a self-starter mindset, ability to self-manage and utilize available resources while seeking guidance when necessary.
Creative Mindset – proactively develop new ideas while soliciting appropriate staff and patron feedback in order to create relevant marketing content as the organization and community it serves evolve.
Research & Information Gathering – ability to seek out organizational and departmental information to create strong short-term and long-term digital and written communication strategies.
- Nonprofit Knowledge – Previous experience working in a nonprofit environment to develop an understanding of nonprofit process and management.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing or related field
Personal or professional commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion as demonstrated by persistent effort, active planning, allocation of resources and/or accountability for diversity and inclusion outcomes. Applicant must share a commitment to anti-racist work.
- Hybrid interview process
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
Send cover letter and resume with email heading, “Communications & Marketing Specialist” to Sheila Mahony, Director of Development at: firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the right candidate is identified. No phone calls please.
Focus Points Resource Center is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits unlawful discrimination on the basis of age, race, sex, color, religion, national origin, disability, military status, genetic information, ancestry, creed, gender identity or expression, and sexual orientation, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.