Parents As Teachers (PAT)
Early Childhood Education–Ages 0-3
Be your child’s first and most important teacher.
Parents as Teachers (PAT) promotes the optimal early development, learning and health of children by supporting and engaging caregivers. The Parents as Teachers approach is to partner, facilitate, and reflect, using an internationally-recognized, evidence-based home visitation model backed by 35 years of research-proven outcomes. Parents as Teachers currently serves nearly 200,000 families in all 50 U.S. states and six countries.
We meet with caregivers and children two times per month for one hour. During this time, we:
- Lead parent-child interaction activities
- Discuss a child development topic and a family well-being topic
- Monitor progress towards developmental milestones
Once per month, we host a group meeting where PAT families can learn together. Like home visits, these meetings have a dual focus:
- Activity stations teach parents activities they can do with their children, including early literacy and math, social-emotional skills, and gross motor skills
- Education about parenting skills and family well-being
Interested in participating in our PAT program?
Click the button below, fill out the information and we will be in touch.
In 2022, Focus Points’ Parents as Teachers program completed the Parents as Teachers Quality Endorsement and Improvement Process and earned the highest designation: Blue Ribbon Affiliate status.
Being named a Blue Ribbon Affiliate affirms that Focus Points is among the highest-quality members of the home visitation and parent education field, implementing the evidence-based Parents as Teachers model with fidelity and quality.