Position Title: Bookkeeper
Reports to: Executive Director
Salary Range: $25/hour
Status: Part Time Hourly
Benefits: Sick Leave, Simple IRA matching, and Hybrid work model
Mission of Focus Points Family Resource Center: To build better communities by strengthening families.
Scope of Organization: For 27 years, Focus Points has worked successfully to transform the lives of low-income and working working families in Northeast Denver and beyond. Focus Points serves over 2,900 participants each year, most of whom are Spanish-speaking immigrants. Focus Points is strongly committed to our values around collaboration, equity, and integrity which add to our four pillars:
- Family Support – Advancing family sustainability through classes and guidance, using a goal setting and strength-based approach.
- Community Resources – Connecting people to resources that advance health equity, financial stability, networks, and community.
- Education – Opening doors to success for children and adults by providing training and high-quality instruction.
- Economic Inclusion – Driving economic stability for communities, families, and individuals by teaching new job skills, advancing careers and co-creating businesses and social enterprises with community.
We are looking for a skilled Bookkeeper to maintain financial records for our well-established non-profit organization in Denver, including maintaining accounts payable, accounts receivable, deposits, disbursements, journal entries, and assistance with the monthly close process. Bookkeeper job duties also include working closely with our Accounting team to create financial reports; candidates must be familiar with the QB Desktop accounting software package.
Responsibilities & Activities:
- Record day to day financial transactions and complete the posting process
- Verify that transactions are recorded correctly in the vendor ledger, customer ledger and general ledger
- Bring the books to the trial balance stage
- Perform/submit Monthly Federal Grants invoices
Perform/cut AP checks for vendors/contractors and staff
- Perform ACH payments for vendors/contractors
- Complete/submit various tax forms for wholly-owned subsidiary
- Enter data, maintain records and create reports as may be requested by the management team and the Executive Director.
- Process accounts receivable/payable and handle payroll in a timely manner
- Proven bookkeeping experience (2 years minimum)
- Solid understanding of basic bookkeeping and accounting payable/receivable principles
- Proven ability to calculate, post and manage accounting figures and financial records
- Working knowledge of QuickBooks Desktop software
- Hands-on experience with spreadsheets and proprietary software
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Customer service orientation and negotiation skills
- Data entry skills along with an aptitude for numbers
- Proficiency in MS Office
- Proficiency in Spanish
Personal or professional commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion as demonstrated by persistent effort, active planning, allocation of resources and/or accountability for diversity and inclusion outcomes. Applicant must share a commitment to anti-racist work.
- Hybrid interview process
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
Send cover letter and resume with email heading “Bookkeeper” to Thelma Llanas, Human Resources Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the right candidate is identified. No phone calls please.
Focus Points Resource Center is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits unlawful discrimination on the basis of age, race, sex, color, religion, national origin, disability, military status, genetic information, ancestry, creed, gender identity or expression, and sexual orientation, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.