Comal Lead Specialist
Comal Lead Specialist
To build better communities by strengthening families is the mission of Focus Points Family Resources Center. For 27 years, Focus Points has worked successfully to transform the lives of low-income and working families in Northeast Denver and beyond. Focus Points serves over 2,900 participants each year, most of whom are Spanish-speaking immigrants. Focus Points is strongly committed to our values around collaboration, equity, and integrity which add to our four pillars (Family Support, Community Resources, Education, and Economic Inclusion)
In a Nutshell:
This position is responsible for the administrative support of the day-to-day operations of Comal Heritage Food Incubator and works closely with the Senior Manager and team. This position carries out responsibilities in the following functional areas: Coordinating program and curriculum support, operational support for Front-of-House Lead including point of sale coordination, filing receipts for accounting, coordinating repairs and maintenance to the property, providing updates on revenue and expenses, and other operational needs as they arise.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for participant learning tracking and compensation. Review, correct, and submit learning tracking for participants to accounting
- Coordinate information sessions for new participants
- Assisting in developing and coordinating the onboarding process for new participants
- Assist in front and back of house as needed for daily operations
- Work with front-of-house on understanding customer needs and point of sale functions
- Prepare financial reports for Senior Manager and Director of Program Impact as needed
- Prepare product mix reports for Senior Manager and Director of Program Impact as needed
- Assist in executing new ideas and opportunities for participants, program, and business.
- Assist in developing restaurant, event rental, catering and commissary policies and procedures handbook for Comal.
- Be available to answer participant and staff questions concerning operations.
- Help train participants in day-to-day operations as well as longer-term training for programmatic success.
- Assist with special events & farmer’s market weekly
- Attend Comal, Social Enterprise, and Focus Points staff meetings.
- Promote a healthy and safe environment for all to work and learn
- Commitment to the mission of Focus Points
- Associate degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; 2-5 years related hospitality experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of hospitality education and hospitality experience.
- Assistant manager, sous chef or shift leader experience is helpful, especially in fast casual environments
- Working knowledge of TOAST pos system or similar with interest to learn
- Working knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite with proficiency with Excel and Word
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to manage sensitive and confidential situations with tact, professionalism, and diplomacy
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Demonstrated commitment to communities of color, Latinx, Immigrant, Refugee and Asylum-seeking populations
- Commitment to participate in anti-racist work
- Fully bilingual in English and Spanish is preferred or willingness to learn.
What’s In It For You:
Benefits offered for all full-time staff members
- Dual options available under our Kaiser medical plan and 50% coverage for dependents
- Dental, Vision & Pharmacy Benefits
- Flexible Spending Account
- Dependent Care Account
- Simple IRA Plan with 3% Employer Match (age 21 & older)
- Basic Life, AD&D Life Insurance coverage paid by Employer
- Short-term & Long-term Disability
- Supplemental Accident Protection Coverage
- EAP (Employer Assistance Program)
Focus Points’ Perks & Rewards
- Generous time off including, paid personal leave & sick leave, paid holidays & vacation, paid breaks throughout the year (Summer, Fall, Winter), and the company follows DPS for closures/delays due to inclement weather.
- Wellness programs through Kaiser Permanente
- DEI initiatives
- A positive workplace culture with fun work events
- Engaging community partnerships
- Casual Work Attire
- Hybrid/Remote schedule
To Apply: Send cover letter, resume, and three professional references to Seynabou Sohai, Senior Manager of Enterprise at email@example.com.
NOTE: This job profile is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job and it’s not a job description.
Focus Points Resource Center is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits unlawful discrimination on the basis of age, race, sex, color, religion, national origin, disability, military status, genetic information, ancestry, creed, gender identity or expression, and sexual orientation, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.