To build better communities by strengthening families is the mission of Focus Points Family Resources Center. For 27 years, Focus Points has worked successfully to transform the lives of low-income and working families in Northeast Denver and beyond. Focus Points serves over 2,900 participants each year, most of whom are Spanish-speaking immigrants. Focus Points is strongly committed to our values around collaboration, equity, and integrity which add to our four pillars (Family Support, Community Resources, Education, and Economic Inclusion)
In a Nutshell:
This position will work in collaboration with the Director of Development and Communications to ensure that the organization achieves its annual fundraising goals. The Development Manager will be responsible for executing some aspects of both corporate and individual donor cultivation, solicitation and stewardship; fundraising and community engagement events, and grant management.
Responsibilities & Activities:
Fundraising and Community Engagement Event Management (35%)
- Manage aspects of the planning and execution of Focus Points annual fundraising event, Lotería, with the help of an external consultant.
- Manage the planning and execution of other fundraising and community engagement events, in collaboration with other development and program staff.
Donor Cultivation and Engagement (30%)
- In collaboration with the Director of Development and Communications, manage and grow our monthly giving program.
- Manage corporate donor cultivation and stewardship activities, including corporate sponsorship agreements and deliverables.
- Assist with donor acknowledgement and other donor appreciation activities.
- Enter donor moves management into donor management database (Blackbaud Raiser’s Edge).
- Assist with the implementation of the year-end fundraising campaign.
Grant Management (30%)
- Support maintenance of the annual grants calendar, including proposal and reporting deadlines.
- Maintain an updated proposal attachments folder.
- Assist with simple funding, event sponsorship or volunteer project applications.
- Assist with the gathering of data and information needed for proposals and reports to funders.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Director of Development and Communications
Resource Management – manage allocation or utilization of material resources and effectively engage staff to acquire additional needed information.
Attention to Detail – demonstrate excellent project management and organization skills with the ability to prioritize multiple deadlines and timelines for deliverables.
Time Management – ability to allocate resources to accomplish tasks and meet deadlines by prioritizing responsibilities while working across multiple systems with staff from multiple departments.
Written Communication – proven success implementing communication strategies and strong writing skills for internal and external stakeholders, preferably in a nonprofit environment.
Information Gathering – ability to research, analyze and compile information and share effectively with various internal and external stakeholders.
Technology and Database Proficiency – the ability to successfully manage database functions and understand how to utilize database features to collect and manage relevant information effectively.
Nonprofit Knowledge – Previous experience working in a nonprofit environment to develop an understanding of nonprofit process and management.
Bilingual Communication – Read, write, and speak Spanish at a basic level, or be willing to learn, so that staff member can be involved in organizational prioritization of linguistic justice and understand the unique qualities and needs of our community.
What’s In It For You:
Benefits offered for all full-time staff members
- Dual options available under our Kaiser medical plan and 50% coverage for dependents
- Dental, Vision & Pharmacy Benefits
- Flexible Spending Account
- Dependent Care Account
- Simple IRA Plan with 3% Employer Match (age 21 & older)
- Basic Life, AD&D Life Insurance coverage paid by Employer
- Short-term & Long-term Disability
- Supplemental Accident Protection Coverage
- EAP (Employer Assistance Program)
Focus Points’ Perks & Rewards
- Generous time off, including paid personal leave & sick leave, paid holidays & vacation, and paid breaks throughout the year (Summer, Fall, Winter), and the company follows DPS for closures/delays due to inclement weather.
- Wellness programs through Kaiser Permanente
- DEI initiatives
- A positive workplace culture with fun work events
- Engaging in community partnerships
- Casual Work Attire
- Hybrid/Remote schedule
To Apply: Send cover letter and resume to Sheila Mahony, Director of Development and Communications at email@example.com with the subject line “Development Manager Application.” Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
NOTE: This job profile is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job and it’s not a job description.
Focus Points Resource Center is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits unlawful discrimination on the basis of age, race, sex, color, religion, national origin, disability, military status, genetic information, ancestry, creed, gender identity or expression, and sexual orientation, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.