Part-time Database Specialist
Title: Part-time Database Specialist
Reports to: Senior Manager of Family Support Services
Status: Part-time, non-exempt, hourly (9:00 am – 1:00 pm, Monday – Friday)
Mission of Focus Points Family Resource Center: To build better communities by strengthening families.
Scope of Organization: For 27 years, Focus Points has worked successfully to transform the lives of low-income and working families in Northeast Denver and beyond. Focus Points serves over 2,900 participants each year, most of whom are Spanish-speaking immigrants. Focus Points is strongly committed to our values around collaboration, equity, and integrity which add to our four pillars (Family Support, Community Resources, Education, and Economic Inclusion)
Focus Points Family Resource Center is a member of the Family Resource Center Association. As part of the membership, Focus Points needs to adhere to the Data Entry Fidelity Model as part of the Families Pathways Essential Requirements or FPERC. The Database Specialist will support the organization and each individual program in reviewing and assessing data entry and fidelity.
- Maintain center-specific data entry policy and procedures for collecting and managing unique data on family participation in the Family Resource Center Association (FRCA) Salesforce database (FRCAForce).
- Collaborate with Senior Manager of Family Support Services to track and record completion of industry-required trainings by data entry personnel in FRCAForce.
- Maintain a data quality review and reconciliation schedule with program staff to ensure timely, accurate and complete data entry into FRCAForce.
- Prepare reports for data analysis to identify trends, discrepancies, and potential problems ahead of FRCA data audit deadlines, on a monthly and bi-annual schedule.
- Manage monthly program data submission process and maintain shared data software structures to streamline board report data collection.
- Provide reports based on similar data to and for these and other stakeholders as necessary.
- Utilize database reports to analyze demographic, service, and assessment data for a variety of stakeholders and uses, including grant proposals, grant reports, internal program management, strategic plan metrics and annual report.
- Maintains a professional attitude and adheres to a high level of confidentiality toward participants and Focus Points staff.
- Monitor training requirements for staff roles and update FRCForce with completed training.
- Offer one-on-one FRCForce assistance to staff as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Technology and Database Proficiency: the ability to successfully manage database functions and an understanding of how to effectively utilize database features to collect and manage relevant information, translating that data to meet organizational needs. Knowledge of Salesforce and Raiser’s Edge a plus but training will be provided in both systems.
- Information Gathering: ability to analyze and compile technical and statistical information in multiple systems to prepare reports and to share information with Focus Points staff and other stakeholders.
- Resource Management: manage allocation and utilization of resources while effectively engaging staff to acquire additional needed information.
- Attention to Detail: demonstrate excellent project management and organization skills with the ability to prioritize multiple deadlines and timelines for deliverables.
- Time Management: ability to allocate resources to accomplish tasks and meet deadlines by prioritizing responsibilities while working across multiple systems for multiple departments.
- Interpersonal Skills: guide conversations to assess staff’s needs with data entry.
- Nonprofit Knowledge: previous experience working in a nonprofit environment to develop an understanding of nonprofit process and management.
- Critical Thinker and Solution-Focused: ability to collaborate with internal team when problems arise to problem-solve and provide creative solutions to challenging, multi-faceted problems.
- Flexible and Adaptable: ability to adjust to changes in duties or schedule.
- Remote interview process
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
We are accepting candidates on a rolling basis. Email the following three items: cover letter, resume, and three references to Mayra Avina, Family Support Services Manager, at email@example.com.
Focus Points Resource Center is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits unlawful discrimination on the basis of age, race, sex, color, religion, national origin, disability, military status, genetic information, ancestry, creed, gender identity or expression, and sexual orientation, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.